Pages 263–269 cover the rules for using periods, question marks, exclamation points, commas, apostrophes, underlining, and quotation marks. To assess your students’ understanding of punctuation, have them (individually or as a class) punctuate sentences in the following activity.
- Justine and Jeremy are brothers
- Ms Jones is our teacher.
- Who likes to eat peas
- My grandpa was born on July 4 1960.
- My hobbies include camping fishing and biking.
- I can t wait for Saturday.
- We read Julius the Baby of the World.