SAMPLE All-About-Me Story
Have volunteers read each paragraph of the sample story. Lead a discussion about the story:
- Who is involved? (The writer and Aunt Gina)
- What is happening? (The writer tries to eat spaghetti)
- When does the story happen? (Dinnertime)
- Where does it happen? (At an Italian restaurant)
- Why does it happen? (Aunt Gina wants her to know the proper way to eat spaghetti)
Help students understand that an all-about-me story needs to answer the reader's basic questions about an event in the writer's life.