You can do small things in a few minutes, bigger things in an hour, and huge things in a week. This chapter shows you how to complete little assignments and big ones!
How to Plan Ahead
- Each day, make a list of the assignments your teacher gives you. (See the next page.)
- Find out what you must do for each assignment.
- Make sure you have everything you need: paper, pens, pencils, your books, your handbook, a computer, and so on.
- Plan to work on your assignments at the same time every day.
- Plan to work on a big assignment a little each day.
- Don’t rush your assignments!
Tips for Doing the Work
- Select a spot. Study in the same place each day. Pick a quiet place.
- Follow directions. If you have a math assignment, make sure to do the right problems!
- Do the hardest work first. Do the most difficult work right away, when you have the most energy.
- Have a reading plan. When your assignment includes reading, use a reading strategy. (See pages 211–225.)
- Take breaks. Take breaks when you really need them. Not every five minutes, though!
Daily Assignment Chart
List the important information for each assignment.
Weekly Assignment Chart
A chart can help you turn a big assignment into little ones. Here’s the first week in a plan for tower designs.