General Exam Preparation
In preparation for upcoming AP English exams, review the general practice strategies. Make sure students know where to find additional information about each critical strategy in their Handbooks:
- Critical Reading (405–414, 415–430)
- Literary Analysis (211–236, 421–430)
- Argumentation (190-192)
- Response to prompts (184 and 208)
- Exemplary models (see the specific forms chapters "Narrative Writing," "Explanatory Writing," and "Argument Writing.")
To help students prepare for the test-taking environment, report which supplies they can and cannot bring to the AP exams. Model these conditions as they practice the strategies in this chapter.
Allowed . . .
- Number two pencils
- Black or blue pens
Non allowed . . .
- Dictionaries or thesauruses
- Cell phones or other electronic devices with WiFi access
- Notes or scratch paper (Therefore, students will need to memorize the close reading questions from this page.)