Write for College is currently being printed and will ship on, or before, February 1, 2018.
Request a Review Copy
If you are a teacher or administrator and would like to review this program for use in your classroom or school, please complete this form.
A Student Handbook Preparing Writers for College and Career
Write for College is the perfect handbook to help students write, read, study, speak, and learn in high school, college, and the workplace. The handbook helps them develop the writing rigor that colleges expect in argument essays, research reports, entrance essays, and much more. Students read dozens of high-interest models and use guidelines and checklists to create their own writing. They also learn strategies for testing well on Advanced Placement exams, college-entrance exams, and other high-stakes assessments.
- The Process of Writing teaches specific strategies for prewriting, writing, revising, editing, and publishing.
- The Forms of Writing include guidelines, models, and checklists for every type of writing: personal, narrative, explanatory, argument, literary, creative, and research.
- The Tools of Learning help students read, study, collaborate, and test for success in high school and beyond.
- The Proofreader’s Guide teaches punctuation, mechanics, spelling, usage, grammar, and sentence rules.
- The Student Almanac provides fascinating facts for language, science, math, and social studies courses.
Write for College . . .
- covers all of the 11th and 12th grade Common Core English/Language Arts standards for writing, reading, speaking and listening, language, and literacy across the curriculum.
- leads students step-by-step through the writing process: prewriting, writing, revising, editing, and publishing.
- helps students write better sentences, paragraphs, and essays.
- teaches rigorous research skills with guidelines and models for Modern Language Association (MLA) and American Psychological Association (APA) documentation styles.
- supports student writers in all classes across the curriculum.
- helps students improve learning: reading nonfiction and literature, visual literacy, speaking and listening, studying, and taking tests.
- guides students when editing for punctuation, mechanics, spelling, usage, sentences, and grammar.
A free online teacher's guide will provide teaching suggestions, models, minilessons, topic ideas, digital downloads, and much more. It will also correlate every page of Write for College to the Common Core State Standards.