Search ThoughtfulLearning.com for a wealth of resources for teaching English language arts, 21st century skills, and social-emotional learning. You’ll find books, online units, minilessons, student models, videos, and much more! Type your search below and add filters to refine the results.
Filter by Grade Level
- Grade K (Remove) Remove Grade K filter
- Grade 1 (43) Apply Grade 1 filter
- Grade 2 (46) Apply Grade 2 filter
- Grade 3 (130) Apply Grade 3 filter
- Grade 4 (120) Apply Grade 4 filter
- Grade 5 (174) Apply Grade 5 filter
- Grade 6 (Remove) Remove Grade 6 filter
- Grade 7 (106) Apply Grade 7 filter
- Grade 8 (Remove) Remove Grade 8 filter
- Grade 9 (78) Apply Grade 9 filter
- Grade 10 (76) Apply Grade 10 filter
- Grade 11 (70) Apply Grade 11 filter
- Grade 12 (258) Apply Grade 12 filter
Filter by Resource Type
- Assessment Model (60) Apply Assessment Model filter
- Blog Post (184) Apply Blog Post filter
- Books (56) Apply Books filter
- FAQ page (28) Apply FAQ page filter
- Infographic (Remove) Remove Infographic filter
- Minilesson (153) Apply Minilesson filter
- Product Display Classroom (31) Apply Product Display Classroom filter
- State Standard (1044) Apply State Standard filter
- Student Model (98) Apply Student Model filter
- Teacher's Guide Internal Pages (2) Apply Teacher's Guide Internal Pages filter
- Unit Page (3) Apply Unit Page filter
- Video (31) Apply Video filter
- Writing Topic (346) Apply Writing Topic filter
Elaborating in a Food Review
Help students practice elaboration.
Writing a 5 W’s Story
Help students write realistic stories.
Writing a Tumble-Down Poem
Help students write a free-verse poem.
Analyzing with a Line Diagram
Analyze parts of a topic with a line diagram.
Comparing with a Venn Diagram
Analyze similarities and differences.
Analyzing with a Cause-Effect Chart
Analyze causes and effects of any topic.
Evaluating with a Pro-Con Chart
Analyze good and bad with a pro-con chart.
Sequencing with a Time Line
Use time lines for critical thinking.
Creating a Rubric to Evaluate Projects
Create a quick rubric for any project.
7 Graphic Organizers for Critical Thinking
Creating a Plan
Help students plan projects.
Creating Pie Graphs
Expressing Emotions Through Movement
Connect movement to emotion.
Learning to Say No
Help students learn refusal skills.
Checking the Emotion Thermometer
Help students express intensity of emotion.
Expressing Emotions Through Drawing
Help students draw their feelings.
Calming Down with Deep Pressure
Teach deep pressure to calm students.
Using Anecdotes in Formal Writing
Add a narrative touch to formal writing.
Using Positive Self-Talk
Replace negative with positive self-talk.
Setting and Reaching Goals
Help students set and reach academic goals.
Sentence Modeling with the Masters
Practice sentence modeling.
Analyzing Writing Prompts
Practice studying the parts of a test prompt.
Doing Random Acts of Kindness
Help students be kind to each other.
Taking Action Against Bullying
Teach students strategies for staying safe.