Learning to Say No
Sometimes people may ask you to do something that is not healthy or safe or right. In situations like those, you need to be able to say no. This activity will help you practice this important skill.
Your Turn Practice saying no.
- Stand next to your desk with your feet at shoulder width apart.
- Plant your feet firmly like the roots of a tree.
- Straighten your back, pull your shoulders back, stare straight forward.
- Stand very tall, like a powerful tree.
- Think back to a time that you agreed to do something you shouldn't have done.
- Now say "no" with power and strength.
- If you want to, you can give an honest reason.
- Think of how it feels to resist something you do not want to do.
- Remember that you have the right to say no, and that others have that right, too.
Learning to Say No by Thoughtful Learning is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Based on a work at k12.thoughtfullearning.com/minilesson/learning-say-no.