Search ThoughtfulLearning.com for a wealth of resources for teaching English language arts, 21st century skills, and social-emotional learning. You’ll find books, online units, minilessons, student models, videos, and much more! Type your search below and add filters to refine the results.
Filter by Grade Level
- Grade K (Remove) Remove Grade K filter
- Grade 1 (44) Apply Grade 1 filter
- Grade 2 (Remove) Remove Grade 2 filter
- Grade 3 (130) Apply Grade 3 filter
- Grade 4 (120) Apply Grade 4 filter
- Grade 5 (175) Apply Grade 5 filter
- Grade 6 (110) Apply Grade 6 filter
- Grade 7 (106) Apply Grade 7 filter
- Grade 8 (Remove) Remove Grade 8 filter
- Grade 9 (78) Apply Grade 9 filter
- Grade 10 (76) Apply Grade 10 filter
- Grade 11 (70) Apply Grade 11 filter
- Grade 12 (258) Apply Grade 12 filter
Filter by Resource Type
- Assessment Model (76) Apply Assessment Model filter
- Blog Post (184) Apply Blog Post filter
- Books (56) Apply Books filter
- FAQ page (28) Apply FAQ page filter
- Infographic (Remove) Remove Infographic filter
- Minilesson (Remove) Remove Minilesson filter
- Product Display Classroom (31) Apply Product Display Classroom filter
- State Standard (1044) Apply State Standard filter
- Student Model (98) Apply Student Model filter
- Teacher's Guide Internal Pages (Remove) Remove Teacher's Guide Internal Pages filter
- Unit Page (3) Apply Unit Page filter
- Video (Remove) Remove Video filter
- Writing Topic (346) Apply Writing Topic filter
Understanding the Parts of the Brain
Teach brain parts and functions.
Starting Stories: 5 Great Beginning Strategies
Practice five strategies for starting a story.
Setting and Reaching Goals
Help students set and reach academic goals.
Calming Down with Deep Pressure
Teach deep pressure to calm students.
Sequencing with a Time Line
Use time lines for critical thinking.
Evaluating with a Pro-Con Chart
Analyze good and bad with a pro-con chart.
Analyzing with a Cause-Effect Chart
Analyze causes and effects of any topic.
Comparing with a Venn Diagram
Analyze similarities and differences.
Analyzing with a Line Diagram
Analyze parts of a topic with a line diagram.
Writing a Tumble-Down Poem
Help students write a free-verse poem.
Writing a 5 W’s Story
Help students write realistic stories.
Elaborating in a Food Review
Help students practice elaboration.
Writing Freely and Rapidly
Teach student to freewrite for ideas.
Writing a Family Story and Historical Marker
Inspire students to write family stories.
Using a Peer Response Sheet
Teach students to write peer responses.
Discovering Narrative Strategies
Use shared inquiry to develop personal narratives.
Discovering Rules for Their, There, and They’re
Use shared inquiry to learn their, there, and they're.
Sharing Fiction with a Partner
Use shared inquiry to read fiction.
Writing a Historical Dialogue
Create a dialogue with a historical figure.
Add detail to sentences.
Choosing the Right Coordinating Conjunction
Learn how to choose precise connecting words.
Elaborating Ideas with Compound Sentences
Learn how to add new details to sentences.
Analyzing the Medium of a Message
Improve students' media literacy.
Analyze the Communication Situation
Think of the sender, message, medium, receiver, and context.