Analyzing the Medium of a Message
To view this video, visit https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtTC2DQPnkY.
What do people mean when they talk about the medium of a message? Find out by watching this video. Then explore the idea of medium by doing the "Your Turn."
Your Turn Think about medium. For each communication situation below, write down a medium that would be appropriate for sending the message. Then compare your answers with a classmate's and discuss what makes a medium appropriate or not.
- You want to invite your best friend to your birthday party.
- You have to tell your best friend that you won't be able to come to the person's birthday party.
- You need to tell your teacher that you lost your homework assignment.
- You want to share a historic speech with your class.
- You want to show a new student how to find the cafeteria.
- You want to tell an author what you thought of a book you read.
Analyzing the Medium of a Message by Thoughtful Learning is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Based on a work at k12.thoughtfullearning.com/minilesson/analyzing-medium-message.