Search ThoughtfulLearning.com for a wealth of resources for teaching English language arts, 21st century skills, and social-emotional learning. You’ll find books, online units, minilessons, student models, videos, and much more! Type your search below and add filters to refine the results.
Filter by Grade Level
- Grade K (23) Apply Grade K filter
- Grade 1 (41) Apply Grade 1 filter
- Grade 2 (44) Apply Grade 2 filter
- Grade 3 (176) Apply Grade 3 filter
- Grade 4 (Remove) Remove Grade 4 filter
- Grade 5 (226) Apply Grade 5 filter
- Grade 6 (Remove) Remove Grade 6 filter
- Grade 7 (106) Apply Grade 7 filter
- Grade 8 (238) Apply Grade 8 filter
- Grade 9 (86) Apply Grade 9 filter
- Grade 10 (88) Apply Grade 10 filter
- Grade 11 (Remove) Remove Grade 11 filter
- Grade 12 (271) Apply Grade 12 filter
Filter by Resource Type
- Assessment Model (3) Apply Assessment Model filter
- Blog Post (184) Apply Blog Post filter
- Books (56) Apply Books filter
- FAQ page (28) Apply FAQ page filter
- Infographic (Remove) Remove Infographic filter
- Minilesson (153) Apply Minilesson filter
- Product Display Classroom (80) Apply Product Display Classroom filter
- State Standard (1044) Apply State Standard filter
- Student Model (98) Apply Student Model filter
- Unit Page (15) Apply Unit Page filter
- Video (31) Apply Video filter
- Writing Topic (Remove) Remove Writing Topic filter
Chart a process.
Understanding the Plot Line
Understand the plot line.
Closely Read with SQ3R
Closely read with SQ3R.
Check Your Writing Assumptions
Adjusting Your Writing Voice
Adjust voice for audience and purpose.
Forming a Thesis Statement
Focus on part of your topic.
Evaluating Sources of Information
Evaluate sources with a checklist.
Selecting Topics with the Basics of Life
Use broad subjects to find specific topics.
Write for College Teacher's Guide
Write for College
Writing a Creative Synopsis
Create a synopsis of a book, TV show, or event.
Defending Huck Finn
Defend a fictional character in court.
Change one small thing to change history.
Create a memorable class mascot.
Devise creative solutions for impossible tasks.
How to Teach Creativity
7 Tips for NaNoWriMo
Writing a Fictionalized Diary
Have students write a diary entry of an everyday object.
Starting Stories with Suspense
Inspire storytelling with original story starters.