When you think creatively, you quickly come up with many original ideas, some of which might be ludicrous and some of which might be brilliant. One way to build your creative muscles is to devise an outlandish plan to do "the impossible."
Your Turn Work by yourself, with a partner, or with a group of three. Choose one of the "One-Month Miracles" below and create a plan for how you will make it happen. Your plan could be serious or ridiculous or anything in between. Afterward, present your idea to other students or the whole class and lead a discussion of your plan.
- You have one month to become a millionaire. Devise a plan that does not include lottery tickets.
- You have one month to become president of the United States. Tell how you pull off this daunting task.
- You have one month to end world hunger. What is your plan?
- You have one month to create a flying car. How do you do it?
- You have one month to develop a superpower. What would it be and how would you gain it?
- You have one month to decipher the language of dolphins. How do you do it?
One-Month Miracles by Thoughtful Learning is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Based on a work at k12.thoughtfullearning.com/minilesson/one-month-miracles.