Search ThoughtfulLearning.com for a wealth of resources for teaching English language arts, 21st century skills, and social-emotional learning. You’ll find books, online units, minilessons, student models, videos, and much more! Type your search below and add filters to refine the results.
Filter by Grade Level
- Grade K (23) Apply Grade K filter
- Grade 1 (41) Apply Grade 1 filter
- Grade 2 (44) Apply Grade 2 filter
- Grade 3 (176) Apply Grade 3 filter
- Grade 4 (172) Apply Grade 4 filter
- Grade 5 (Remove) Remove Grade 5 filter
- Grade 6 (87) Apply Grade 6 filter
- Grade 7 (83) Apply Grade 7 filter
- Grade 8 (215) Apply Grade 8 filter
- Grade 9 (86) Apply Grade 9 filter
- Grade 10 (88) Apply Grade 10 filter
- Grade 11 (Remove) Remove Grade 11 filter
- Grade 12 (271) Apply Grade 12 filter
Filter by Resource Type
- Assessment Model (40) Apply Assessment Model filter
- Blog Post (184) Apply Blog Post filter
- Books (56) Apply Books filter
- FAQ page (Remove) Remove FAQ page filter
- Infographic (4) Apply Infographic filter
- Minilesson (153) Apply Minilesson filter
- Product Display Classroom (62) Apply Product Display Classroom filter
- State Standard (1044) Apply State Standard filter
- Student Model (98) Apply Student Model filter
- Teacher's Guide Internal Pages (1) Apply Teacher's Guide Internal Pages filter
- Unit Page (14) Apply Unit Page filter
- Video (Remove) Remove Video filter
- Writing Topic (Remove) Remove Writing Topic filter
Creating a Plan
Help students plan projects.
Creating a Rubric to Evaluate Projects
Create a quick rubric for any project.
Sequencing with a Time Line
Use time lines for critical thinking.
Evaluating with a Pro-Con Chart
Analyze good and bad with a pro-con chart.
Analyzing with a Cause-Effect Chart
Analyze causes and effects of any topic.
Comparing with a Venn Diagram
Analyze similarities and differences.
Analyzing with a Line Diagram
Analyze parts of a topic with a line diagram.
Writing a Tumble-Down Poem
Help students write a free-verse poem.
Writing a 5 W’s Story
Help students write realistic stories.
Elaborating in a Food Review
Help students practice elaboration.
Writing Freely and Rapidly
Teach student to freewrite for ideas.
Writing a Family Story and Historical Marker
Inspire students to write family stories.
Performing "Systems Checks" of Your Writing
Help students self-evaluate their writing.
Using a Peer Response Sheet
Teach students to write peer responses.
Discovering Narrative Strategies
Use shared inquiry to develop personal narratives.
Discovering Rules for Their, There, and They’re
Use shared inquiry to learn their, there, and they're.
Discovering Word Origins (Etymology)
Use shared inquiry to find word origins.
Sharing Fiction with a Partner
Use shared inquiry to read fiction.
Creating a Growth Mindset
Develop a growth mindset.
Starting a Journal
Help students begin journal writing.
Analyzing Point of View in Media
Review media for point of view.
Detecting Media Bias
Practice detecting bias.
If I Were President
Think about being president.
Comparing Myself to a President
Compare yourself to a president.