Search ThoughtfulLearning.com for a wealth of resources for teaching English language arts, 21st century skills, and social-emotional learning. You’ll find books, online units, minilessons, student models, videos, and much more! Type your search below and add filters to refine the results.
Filter by Grade Level
- Grade K (22) Apply Grade K filter
- Grade 1 (40) Apply Grade 1 filter
- Grade 2 (43) Apply Grade 2 filter
- Grade 3 (128) Apply Grade 3 filter
- Grade 4 (118) Apply Grade 4 filter
- Grade 5 (172) Apply Grade 5 filter
- Grade 6 (85) Apply Grade 6 filter
- Grade 7 (81) Apply Grade 7 filter
- Grade 8 (213) Apply Grade 8 filter
- Grade 9 (76) Apply Grade 9 filter
- Grade 10 (74) Apply Grade 10 filter
- Grade 11 (68) Apply Grade 11 filter
- Grade 12 (256) Apply Grade 12 filter
Filter by Resource Type
- Blog Post (181) Apply Blog Post filter
- Books (56) Apply Books filter
- FAQ page (28) Apply FAQ page filter
- Infographic (4) Apply Infographic filter
- Minilesson (153) Apply Minilesson filter
- State Standard (1044) Apply State Standard filter
- Student Model (98) Apply Student Model filter
- Video (31) Apply Video filter
- Writing Topic (346) Apply Writing Topic filter
Asking Bigger and Better Questions
Teach students to form better questions.
Using 5 Critical Thinking Strategies
Use this video to help students think critically.
Deciding When to Use Formal and Informal Language
Match language with purpose and audience.
Solving Problems Critically and Creatively
Help students improve problem solving.
Drawing a Life Map
Help students gather ideas for narratives.
Freewriting for Writing Topics
Have students freewrite for topic ideas.
Analyzing the Sender of a Message
Help students think about sources.
Understanding a Message's Subject and Purpose
Teach students how to analyze messages.
Forming a Focus
Help students write strong focus statements.
Analyzing the Receiver of a Message
Teach students to think about audience.
Thinking About the Context of a Message
Teach students to think about context.
Confusing “Its” and “It’s”
Help students sort out its and it's.
Avoiding Double Subjects
Help students avoid double subjects.
Using Parallel Structure
Teach students to write using parallel structure.
Using Time-Order Transitions
Teach about chronological transitions.
Creating Command Sentences
Help students build command sentences.
Using Transitions to Add Information and Emphasis
Help students add information and emphasis.
Forming Pronouns: Possessives and Contractions
Teach possessives and contractions.
Thinking About a Process
Prepare students for how-to or process writing.
Replacing General Nouns with Specific Nouns
Identify and replace general nouns.
Replacing Dull Verbs with Vivid Verbs
Energize students' writing with vivid verbs.
Summarizing Ideas in a Nutshell
Practice one-sentence summaries.
Seeing Emotion in Facial Expressions
Create mindfulness of facial expressions.
Seeing Emotions in Body Language
Create mindfulness of body language.