Search ThoughtfulLearning.com for a wealth of resources for teaching English language arts, 21st century skills, and social-emotional learning. You’ll find books, online units, minilessons, student models, videos, and much more! Type your search below and add filters to refine the results.
Filter by Grade Level
- Grade K (22) Apply Grade K filter
- Grade 1 (40) Apply Grade 1 filter
- Grade 2 (43) Apply Grade 2 filter
- Grade 3 (128) Apply Grade 3 filter
- Grade 4 (118) Apply Grade 4 filter
- Grade 5 (172) Apply Grade 5 filter
- Grade 6 (85) Apply Grade 6 filter
- Grade 7 (81) Apply Grade 7 filter
- Grade 8 (213) Apply Grade 8 filter
- Grade 9 (76) Apply Grade 9 filter
- Grade 10 (74) Apply Grade 10 filter
- Grade 11 (68) Apply Grade 11 filter
- Grade 12 (256) Apply Grade 12 filter
Filter by Resource Type
- Blog Post (181) Apply Blog Post filter
- Books (56) Apply Books filter
- FAQ page (28) Apply FAQ page filter
- Infographic (4) Apply Infographic filter
- Minilesson (153) Apply Minilesson filter
- State Standard (1044) Apply State Standard filter
- Student Model (98) Apply Student Model filter
- Video (31) Apply Video filter
- Writing Topic (346) Apply Writing Topic filter
Understanding the Parts of the Brain
Teach brain parts and functions.
Using 5-5-5 Breathing to Calm Down
Teach 5-5-5 breathing to calm students.
Using Progressive Relaxation
Use progressive relaxation to calm students.
Starting Stories: 5 Great Beginning Strategies
Practice five strategies for starting a story.
Help students recognize bullying.
Taking Action Against Bullying
Teach students strategies for staying safe.
Doing Random Acts of Kindness
Help students be kind to each other.
Analyzing Writing Prompts
Practice studying the parts of a test prompt.
Sentence Modeling with the Masters
Practice sentence modeling.
Setting and Reaching Goals
Help students set and reach academic goals.
Using Positive Self-Talk
Replace negative with positive self-talk.
Calming Down with Deep Pressure
Teach deep pressure to calm students.
Expressing Emotions Through Drawing
Help students draw their feelings.
Checking the Emotion Thermometer
Help students express intensity of emotion.
Learning to Say No
Help students learn refusal skills.
Expressing Emotions Through Movement
Connect movement to emotion.
Creating Pie Graphs
Creating a Plan
Help students plan projects.
Creating a Rubric to Evaluate Projects
Create a quick rubric for any project.
Sequencing with a Time Line
Use time lines for critical thinking.
Evaluating with a Pro-Con Chart
Analyze good and bad with a pro-con chart.
Analyzing with a Cause-Effect Chart
Analyze causes and effects of any topic.
Comparing with a Venn Diagram
Analyze similarities and differences.
Analyzing with a Line Diagram
Analyze parts of a topic with a line diagram.