Search ThoughtfulLearning.com for a wealth of resources for teaching English language arts, 21st century skills, and social-emotional learning. You’ll find books, online units, minilessons, student models, videos, and much more! Type your search below and add filters to refine the results.
Filter by Grade Level
- Grade K (23) Apply Grade K filter
- Grade 1 (41) Apply Grade 1 filter
- Grade 2 (44) Apply Grade 2 filter
- Grade 3 (130) Apply Grade 3 filter
- Grade 4 (120) Apply Grade 4 filter
- Grade 5 (174) Apply Grade 5 filter
- Grade 6 (87) Apply Grade 6 filter
- Grade 7 (83) Apply Grade 7 filter
- Grade 8 (215) Apply Grade 8 filter
- Grade 9 (78) Apply Grade 9 filter
- Grade 10 (76) Apply Grade 10 filter
- Grade 11 (70) Apply Grade 11 filter
- Grade 12 (258) Apply Grade 12 filter
Filter by Resource Type
- Blog Post (184) Apply Blog Post filter
- Books (56) Apply Books filter
- FAQ page (28) Apply FAQ page filter
- Infographic (4) Apply Infographic filter
- Minilesson (153) Apply Minilesson filter
- State Standard (1044) Apply State Standard filter
- Student Model (98) Apply Student Model filter
- Video (31) Apply Video filter
- Writing Topic (346) Apply Writing Topic filter
Discovering Rules for Their, There, and They’re
Use shared inquiry to learn their, there, and they're.
Discovering Word Origins (Etymology)
Use shared inquiry to find word origins.
Sharing Fiction with a Partner
Use shared inquiry to read fiction.
Creating a Growth Mindset
Develop a growth mindset.
Starting a Journal
Help students begin journal writing.
Analyzing Point of View in Media
Review media for point of view.
Detecting Media Bias
Practice detecting bias.
If I Were President
Think about being president.
Comparing Myself to a President
Compare yourself to a president.
If I Were a President's Pet
Imagine being a president's pet.
Writing a Historical Dialogue
Create a dialogue with a historical figure.
Writing an Arts & Performance Review
Review a song, dance, poem, or piece of artwork.
Writing a List Poem
Learn how to write a list poem.
Add detail to sentences.
Elaborating with Supporting Details
Use a variety of details.
Capturing Readers' Attention
Use opening strategies.
Address opposing positions.
Creating a Dialogue Journal
Engage in a written conversation.
Guarding Against Confirmation Bias
Read news from an unbiased point of view.
Detecting Fake News
Ask critical questions to detect fake news.
Starting Stories with Suspense
Inspire storytelling with original story starters.
Writing a Fictionalized Diary
Have students write a diary entry of an everyday object.
Devise creative solutions for impossible tasks.
Create a memorable class mascot.