Search ThoughtfulLearning.com for a wealth of resources for teaching English language arts, 21st century skills, and social-emotional learning. You’ll find books, online units, minilessons, student models, videos, and much more! Type your search below and add filters to refine the results.
Filter by Grade Level
- Grade K (22) Apply Grade K filter
- Grade 1 (40) Apply Grade 1 filter
- Grade 2 (43) Apply Grade 2 filter
- Grade 3 (128) Apply Grade 3 filter
- Grade 4 (118) Apply Grade 4 filter
- Grade 5 (172) Apply Grade 5 filter
- Grade 6 (Remove) Remove Grade 6 filter
- Grade 7 (103) Apply Grade 7 filter
- Grade 8 (235) Apply Grade 8 filter
- Grade 9 (83) Apply Grade 9 filter
- Grade 10 (85) Apply Grade 10 filter
- Grade 11 (Remove) Remove Grade 11 filter
- Grade 12 (268) Apply Grade 12 filter
Filter by Resource Type
- Assessment Model (3) Apply Assessment Model filter
- Blog Post (181) Apply Blog Post filter
- Books (56) Apply Books filter
- FAQ page (Remove) Remove FAQ page filter
- Infographic (Remove) Remove Infographic filter
- Minilesson (153) Apply Minilesson filter
- Product Display Classroom (37) Apply Product Display Classroom filter
- State Standard (Remove) Remove State Standard filter
- Student Model (Remove) Remove Student Model filter
- Unit Page (1) Apply Unit Page filter
- Video (31) Apply Video filter
- Writing Topic (Remove) Remove Writing Topic filter
The Writing Spot Teacher's Guide
Inquire Elementary Teacher's Guide
In Focus (3-5)
In Focus (K-2)
The Writing Spot Buddy Book
Write on Track
Write One Student Handbook
Writers Express Teacher's Guide
Analyzing the Medium of a Message
Improve students' media literacy.
Using Bodily Meditation
Open a line of communication between body and brain.
Journaling About Intuitions
Track the ways your intuitions guide your decisions.
Analyze the Communication Situation
Think of the sender, message, medium, receiver, and context.
Make Abstract Ideas Concrete
Make concrete representations of abstract ideas.
Create a Memory Palace
Use spatial awareness to improve memory.
Using Anecdotes in Formal Writing
Add a narrative touch to formal writing.
Reading as a Writer
Learn how to discover writing strategies from reading models.
Asking and Answering the 5 W's and H Questions
Teach students to collect key details.
Writing a Creative Synopsis
Create a synopsis of a book, TV show, or event.
Making Rhetorical Appeals
Appeal to ethos, logos, and pathos.
Evaluating Sources of Information
Evaluate sources with a checklist.