Every kindergartner needs a Writing Spot—a special place filled with fun words to write and pictures to color and ideas to draw. The Writing Spot Buddy Book gives your students just such a space, with activities designed to engage kindergartners while teaching them important sight words and helping them build meaningful sentences from them. Spot the dog is their best friend and guide on this journey through writing and learning.
Students write their names right on the inside covers and continue to color and write on every page afterward, making the books their very own. They’ll find these welcoming sections in the Writing Spot Buddy Book:
- The Process of Writing helps your students prewrite, write, revise, and edit.
- The Forms of Writing shows your students how to write notes, lists, stories, and more.
- The Tools of Learning teaches students how to learn with others and use computers.
- Word Study/Phonics helps your students explore letters, sounds, words, and sentences.
- Almanac/Theme Pages teach important high-frequency words at work and play—and everywhere in between.
- Alphabet Pages provide a personal ABC word dictionary for students to complete, along with more high-frequency words.
“A great introduction to the art of writing for kindergartners.”
—Lisa Weight, Teacher
Ravenwood Elementary, Eagle River, AK