Explore the wonders of Conjunction Cavern!
Travel into the vast Carlsbad Caverns, which Will Rogers called the "Grand Canyon with a Roof"! Your third, fourth, and fifth graders see thousands of bats fill the sky, learn how the cavern was discovered, and descend more than a mile into the earth. They see the glorious Big Room and the Bottomless Pit and even crawl through Spider Cave. As they adventure, they learn all about conjunctions.
Conjunction Cavern includes . . .
- Two major areas to explore: the upper cavern with surrounding areas and the lower cavern down to the Lake of the Clouds
- Ten adventures that teach about conjunctions—coordinating, subordinating, and correlative—and much more!
- Two robust activities that allow students to apply what they have learned
- The Conjunction Cavern quiz to test their learning
- Standards alignment and vocabulary throughout the adventures
You can project videos on the board and have students vote on their next adventure, or you can have students work independently, completing assignments and quizzes at their own pace. They can hand in Google doc assignments through a Google Classroom workflow, or print them out and fill them in by hand. And your students will have a lot to write about—brimming with their amazing discoveries!
Explore the national park that is mostly underground—Carlsbad Caverns—and learn all about conjunctions!
Check out other Grammar Adventures!
Noun Town: Discover the wonders of Washington, D.C., and learn about all kinds of nouns.
Pronoun Palace: Explore London, England, and work with pronouns in many forms.
Verb Valley: Hike the Grand Canyon, and let verbs power your expedition.
Modifier Mountain: Adventure on the active volcanoes in the Ring of Fire and work with adjectives and adverbs.
Preposition Path: Forge a path through Yellowstone National Park, and learn about prepositions.
Sentence City: Tour the Big Apple—New York City—and learn about building and using sentences.