Use In Focus to support students’ social and emotional learning with quick, daily lessons.
Available in print and online, In Focus helps your students develop social and emotional intelligence, critical to success in school and beyond. These resources provide 10-15 minute daily lessons focusing on safety (the brain stem), emotion and motivation (the limbic system), and thinking (the cortex).
Learn more about the level that’s right for you!
Learn more about teaching SEL in your classroom.
Use these activities to develop your students' social and emotional intelligence.
- Calming Down with Deep Pressure
- Checking the Emotion Thermometer
- Doing Random Acts of Kindness
- Expressing Emotions Through Drawing
- Expressing Emotions Through Movement
- Learning to Say No
- Seeing Emotion in Facial Expressions
- Seeing Emotions in Body Language
- Taking Action Against Bullying
- Understanding the Parts of the Brain
- Using 5-5-5 Breathing to Calm Down
- Using Positive Self-Talk
- Using Perspective Shifting to Understand Others
- Using Progressive Relaxation