Search ThoughtfulLearning.com for a wealth of resources for teaching English language arts, 21st century skills, and social-emotional learning. You’ll find books, online units, minilessons, student models, videos, and much more! Type your search below and add filters to refine the results.
Filter by Grade Level
- Grade K (Remove) Remove Grade K filter
- Grade 1 (44) Apply Grade 1 filter
- Grade 2 (Remove) Remove Grade 2 filter
- Grade 3 (130) Apply Grade 3 filter
- Grade 4 (120) Apply Grade 4 filter
- Grade 5 (175) Apply Grade 5 filter
- Grade 6 (110) Apply Grade 6 filter
- Grade 7 (106) Apply Grade 7 filter
- Grade 8 (Remove) Remove Grade 8 filter
- Grade 9 (78) Apply Grade 9 filter
- Grade 10 (76) Apply Grade 10 filter
- Grade 11 (70) Apply Grade 11 filter
- Grade 12 (258) Apply Grade 12 filter
Filter by Resource Type
- Assessment Model (76) Apply Assessment Model filter
- Blog Post (184) Apply Blog Post filter
- Books (56) Apply Books filter
- FAQ page (28) Apply FAQ page filter
- Infographic (Remove) Remove Infographic filter
- Minilesson (Remove) Remove Minilesson filter
- Product Display Classroom (31) Apply Product Display Classroom filter
- State Standard (1044) Apply State Standard filter
- Student Model (98) Apply Student Model filter
- Teacher's Guide Internal Pages (Remove) Remove Teacher's Guide Internal Pages filter
- Unit Page (3) Apply Unit Page filter
- Video (Remove) Remove Video filter
- Writing Topic (346) Apply Writing Topic filter
Confusing “Its” and “It’s”
Help students sort out its and it's.
Avoiding Double Subjects
Help students avoid double subjects.
Using Time-Order Transitions
Teach about chronological transitions.
Creating Command Sentences
Help students build command sentences.
Using Transitions to Add Information and Emphasis
Help students add information and emphasis.
Forming Pronouns: Possessives and Contractions
Teach possessives and contractions.
Replacing General Nouns with Specific Nouns
Identify and replace general nouns.
Replacing Dull Verbs with Vivid Verbs
Energize students' writing with vivid verbs.
Summarizing Ideas in a Nutshell
Practice one-sentence summaries.
Using 5-5-5 Breathing to Calm Down
Teach 5-5-5 breathing to calm students.
Using Progressive Relaxation
Use progressive relaxation to calm students.
Help students recognize bullying.
Taking Action Against Bullying
Teach students strategies for staying safe.
Doing Random Acts of Kindness
Help students be kind to each other.
Analyzing Writing Prompts
Practice studying the parts of a test prompt.
Sentence Modeling with the Masters
Practice sentence modeling.
Using Positive Self-Talk
Replace negative with positive self-talk.
Expressing Emotions Through Drawing
Help students draw their feelings.
Checking the Emotion Thermometer
Help students express intensity of emotion.
Learning to Say No
Help students learn refusal skills.
Expressing Emotions Through Movement
Connect movement to emotion.
Creating Pie Graphs
Creating a Plan
Help students plan projects.
Creating a Rubric to Evaluate Projects
Create a quick rubric for any project.