Search ThoughtfulLearning.com for a wealth of resources for teaching English language arts, 21st century skills, and social-emotional learning. You’ll find books, online units, minilessons, student models, videos, and much more! Type your search below and add filters to refine the results.
Filter by Grade Level
- Grade K (25) Apply Grade K filter
- Grade 1 (43) Apply Grade 1 filter
- Grade 2 (Remove) Remove Grade 2 filter
- Grade 3 (Remove) Remove Grade 3 filter
- Grade 4 (166) Apply Grade 4 filter
- Grade 5 (220) Apply Grade 5 filter
- Grade 6 (Remove) Remove Grade 6 filter
- Grade 7 (106) Apply Grade 7 filter
- Grade 8 (238) Apply Grade 8 filter
- Grade 9 (78) Apply Grade 9 filter
- Grade 10 (76) Apply Grade 10 filter
- Grade 11 (70) Apply Grade 11 filter
- Grade 12 (258) Apply Grade 12 filter
Filter by Resource Type
- Assessment Model (51) Apply Assessment Model filter
- Blog Post (184) Apply Blog Post filter
- Books (56) Apply Books filter
- FAQ page (Remove) Remove FAQ page filter
- Infographic (4) Apply Infographic filter
- Minilesson (Remove) Remove Minilesson filter
- Product Display Classroom (65) Apply Product Display Classroom filter
- State Standard (Remove) Remove State Standard filter
- Student Model (98) Apply Student Model filter
- Unit Page (12) Apply Unit Page filter
- Video (31) Apply Video filter
- Writing Topic (Remove) Remove Writing Topic filter
Using Context Clues
Learn new words with context clues.
Assemble prefixes, roots, and suffixes.
Create puns using literal idioms.
Use idioms literally in a sentence.
Find idioms on the Internet.
Words in the Wild
Search the Web for correct usage.
Find and fix malapropisms.
Would You Rather?
Practice usage with a game.
Spell the Right Word
Practice spelling and usage.
Create memory aids for usage.
Rate Your Listening
Take a listening survey.
Chart a process.
Understanding the Plot Line
Understand the plot line.
Closely Read with SQ3R
Closely read with SQ3R.
Check Your Writing Assumptions
Adjusting Your Writing Voice
Adjust voice for audience and purpose.
Forming a Thesis Statement
Focus on part of your topic.
Evaluating Sources of Information
Evaluate sources with a checklist.
Selecting Topics with the Basics of Life
Use broad subjects to find specific topics.
Write for College Teacher's Guide
Write for College
Writing a Creative Synopsis
Create a synopsis of a book, TV show, or event.
Defending Huck Finn
Defend a fictional character in court.