Search ThoughtfulLearning.com for a wealth of resources for teaching English language arts, 21st century skills, and social-emotional learning. You’ll find books, online units, minilessons, student models, videos, and much more! Type your search below and add filters to refine the results.
Filter by Grade Level
- Grade K (Remove) Remove Grade K filter
- Grade 1 (42) Apply Grade 1 filter
- Grade 2 (Remove) Remove Grade 2 filter
- Grade 3 (Remove) Remove Grade 3 filter
- Grade 4 (167) Apply Grade 4 filter
- Grade 5 (Remove) Remove Grade 5 filter
- Grade 6 (85) Apply Grade 6 filter
- Grade 7 (81) Apply Grade 7 filter
- Grade 8 (213) Apply Grade 8 filter
- Grade 9 (83) Apply Grade 9 filter
- Grade 10 (85) Apply Grade 10 filter
- Grade 11 (Remove) Remove Grade 11 filter
- Grade 12 (268) Apply Grade 12 filter
Filter by Resource Type
- Assessment Model (88) Apply Assessment Model filter
- Blog Post (181) Apply Blog Post filter
- Books (56) Apply Books filter
- FAQ page (28) Apply FAQ page filter
- Infographic (4) Apply Infographic filter
- Minilesson (153) Apply Minilesson filter
- Product Display Classroom (66) Apply Product Display Classroom filter
- State Standard (1044) Apply State Standard filter
- Student Model (98) Apply Student Model filter
- Teacher's Guide Internal Pages (1) Apply Teacher's Guide Internal Pages filter
- Unit Page (15) Apply Unit Page filter
- Video (31) Apply Video filter
- Writing Topic (346) Apply Writing Topic filter
4 Writing Strategies for Creative Thinking
Performing "Systems Checks" of Your Writing
Help students self-evaluate their writing.
Discovering Narrative Strategies
Use shared inquiry to develop personal narratives.
Discovering Rules for Their, There, and They’re
Use shared inquiry to learn their, there, and they're.
Discovering Word Origins (Etymology)
Use shared inquiry to find word origins.
Sharing Fiction with a Partner
Use shared inquiry to read fiction.
Analyzing Point of View in Media
Review media for point of view.
Detecting Media Bias
Practice detecting bias.
Writing a Historical Dialogue
Create a dialogue with a historical figure.
Writing an Arts & Performance Review
Review a song, dance, poem, or piece of artwork.
Writing a List Poem
Learn how to write a list poem.
Hold a “Dates with the Greats” Interview Party
Rethinking Summer Reading Lists
Create a Writing Wish List
Creating a Dialogue Journal
Engage in a written conversation.