Climb Modifier Mountain!
Discover the great volcanoes of the Ring of Fire. Students in grades 3–5 fly above the glaciers of Mount Rainier and march up the ash fields of Mount St. Helens. They see continents drift and mountains rise and tsunamis roll. Along the way, they learn about adjectives and adverbs!
Modifier Mountain includes . . .
- Three major areas to explore: Mount Rainier, Mount St. Helens, and the Ring of Fire
- Fifteen adventures that teach about adjectives, adverbs, comparatives and superlatives, modifying phrases and clauses, and much more!
- Three robust activities that allow students to apply what they have learned
- The Modifier Mountain quiz to test their learning
- Standards alignment and vocabulary throughout the adventures
You can project videos on the board and have students vote on their next adventure, or you can have students work independently, completing assignments and quizzes at their own pace. They can hand in Google doc assignments through a Google Classroom workflow, or print them out and fill them in by hand. And your students will have a lot to write about—brimming with their amazing discoveries!
Set off for adventure across the world-shaking Ring of Fire, and describe your travels with magnificent modifiers!
Check out other Grammar Adventures!
Noun Town: Discover the wonders of Washington, D.C., and learn about all kinds of nouns.
Pronoun Palace: Explore London, England, and work with pronouns in many forms.
Verb Valley: Hike the Grand Canyon, and let verbs power your expedition.
Preposition Path: Forge a path through Yellowstone National Park, and learn about prepositions.
Conjunction Cavern: Journey into the gigantic Carlsbad Caverns, and use conjunctions to connect ideas.
Sentence City: Tour the Big Apple—New York City—and learn about building and using sentences.