Improving Social and Emotional Intelligence, One Day at a Time
In Focus Online (Grades K–2) is a teaching resource filled with 10–15 minute lessons that help your students develop their social and emotional intelligence. Students need this critical form of intelligence to successfully navigate the challenges, relationships, and experiences they encounter throughout their school years and later in life.
The premium edition gives you 36 weeks of daily SEL lessons (four days per week), designed for in-class or synchronized distance learning. The lessons include many additional resources that you can display onscreen or download and distribute. Plus, you'll be provided with 40 family/student seats, giving access to two additional components:
- At-Home Activities for families, extending and reinforcing daily in-class learning
- Student Reflections for individual growth at home or in class
|36 weeks of daily SEL lessons
(four days per week)
|Designed for in-class or virtual learning||X||X|
|Additional resource PDFs||X||X|
for families, extending and reinforcing daily in-class learning
for individual growth at home or in class
|40 shareable codes
letting families access At-Home Activities and Student Reflections
In Focus Online helps your students do the following:
- Improve their intellectual development and academic performance
- Elevate their awareness, management, and expression of feelings
- Develop focusing and attention skills
- Reduce bullying and impulsive behavior
- Learn how to deal with conflict and stress
- Elevate self-esteem and confidence
- Strengthen social skills
- Increase sensitivity and empathy
- Build self-reflection and self-awareness skills
- Develop problem-solving skills
- Improve teamwork and collaboration skills
- Increase social and emotional intelligence
See efficacy studies in Illinois and Colorado.
What makes In Focus Online unique?
Lessons are quick (from 10–15 minutes) and build on each other day after day. They are also easy for you to teach and fun for your students to participate in. Students often begin to request the lessons because they help them feel more calm and in control.
- The lessons meet the needs of all three levels of the brain: (1) brain stem = safety; (2) limbic system = emotions and motivation; (3) cortex = thinking.
- Each lesson begins with background information and provides a script that you can follow, though you can also paraphrase if you prefer.
- Many lessons tie into the development of reading, writing, and 21st century skills.
- This online program can appear on any screen with an Internet connection. Browsers can translate the Web pages for English language learners and enlarge them for those with vision impairments.