1. Design a personal spelling dictionary.
- Get a notebook or create a file on your computer.
- List the letters of the alphabet, one per page.
- Then each time you have to look up a word or your spell checker corrects it, write the word and its meaning under the correct letter in your spelling dictionary.
- Use this dictionary as your own personalized reference tool.
Sample Personal Dictionary
alligator - (remember the two “ll’s”) reptile
afford - to be able to do something or pay for something without bad consequences
askew - something that is out of line or uneven
amendment - an official change to the Constitution