Search ThoughtfulLearning.com for a wealth of resources for teaching English language arts, 21st century skills, and social-emotional learning. You’ll find books, online units, minilessons, student models, videos, and much more! Type your search below and add filters to refine the results.
Filter by Grade Level
- Grade K (25) Apply Grade K filter
- Grade 1 (43) Apply Grade 1 filter
- Grade 2 (64) Apply Grade 2 filter
- Grade 3 (Remove) Remove Grade 3 filter
- Grade 4 (170) Apply Grade 4 filter
- Grade 5 (268) Apply Grade 5 filter
- Grade 6 (Remove) Remove Grade 6 filter
- Grade 7 (108) Apply Grade 7 filter
- Grade 8 (302) Apply Grade 8 filter
- Grade 9 (93) Apply Grade 9 filter
- Grade 10 (Remove) Remove Grade 10 filter
- Grade 11 (Remove) Remove Grade 11 filter
- Grade 12 (306) Apply Grade 12 filter
Filter by Resource Type
- Assessment Model (Remove) Remove Assessment Model filter
- Blog Post (184) Apply Blog Post filter
- Books (56) Apply Books filter
- FAQ page (28) Apply FAQ page filter
- Infographic (Remove) Remove Infographic filter
- Minilesson (153) Apply Minilesson filter
- Product Display Classroom (Remove) Remove Product Display Classroom filter
- State Standard (1044) Apply State Standard filter
- Student Model (Remove) Remove Student Model filter
- Unit Page (13) Apply Unit Page filter
- Video (31) Apply Video filter
- Writing Topic (Remove) Remove Writing Topic filter
Discovering Word Origins (Etymology)
Use shared inquiry to find word origins.
Sharing Fiction with a Partner
Use shared inquiry to read fiction.
Analyzing Point of View in Media
Review media for point of view.
Detecting Media Bias
Practice detecting bias.
Writing a Historical Dialogue
Create a dialogue with a historical figure.
Writing an Arts & Performance Review
Review a song, dance, poem, or piece of artwork.
Writing a List Poem
Learn how to write a list poem.
Hold a “Dates with the Greats” Interview Party
English Language Arts:
21st Century Skills:
Rethinking Summer Reading Lists
Create a Writing Wish List
Creating a Dialogue Journal
Engage in a written conversation.