Search ThoughtfulLearning.com for a wealth of resources for teaching English language arts, 21st century skills, and social-emotional learning. You’ll find books, online units, minilessons, student models, videos, and much more! Type your search below and add filters to refine the results.
Filter by Grade Level
- Grade K (Remove) Remove Grade K filter
- Grade 1 (Remove) Remove Grade 1 filter
- Grade 2 (Remove) Remove Grade 2 filter
- Grade 3 (Remove) Remove Grade 3 filter
- Grade 4 (Remove) Remove Grade 4 filter
- Grade 5 (262) Apply Grade 5 filter
- Grade 6 (89) Apply Grade 6 filter
- Grade 7 (85) Apply Grade 7 filter
- Grade 8 (275) Apply Grade 8 filter
- Grade 9 (79) Apply Grade 9 filter
- Grade 10 (103) Apply Grade 10 filter
- Grade 11 (68) Apply Grade 11 filter
- Grade 12 (288) Apply Grade 12 filter
Filter by Resource Type
- Assessment Model (Remove) Remove Assessment Model filter
- Blog Post (Remove) Remove Blog Post filter
- Books (56) Apply Books filter
- FAQ page (Remove) Remove FAQ page filter
- Infographic (4) Apply Infographic filter
- Minilesson (153) Apply Minilesson filter
- Product Display Classroom (45) Apply Product Display Classroom filter
- State Standard (1044) Apply State Standard filter
- Student Model (98) Apply Student Model filter
- Teacher's Guide Internal Pages (1) Apply Teacher's Guide Internal Pages filter
- Unit Page (Remove) Remove Unit Page filter
- Video (31) Apply Video filter
- Writing Topic (346) Apply Writing Topic filter
Using Apostrophes in Contractions and Possessives
Use apostrophes with contractions and possessives.
Using Quotation Marks
Use quotation marks with titles and quotations.
Correcting Capitalization 2
Use numbers correctly.
Correcting Subject-Verb Agreement 2
Make subjects and verbs agree in number.
Fixing Run-On Sentences
Correct run-on sentences.
Fixing Sentence Fragments
Fix sentence fragments.
Using the Right Word
Use the right word.
Combining Choppy Sentences
Combine sentences for better flow.
Discovering Narrative Strategies
Use shared inquiry to develop personal narratives.
Discovering Rules for Their, There, and They’re
Use shared inquiry to learn their, there, and they're.
Discovering Word Origins (Etymology)
Use shared inquiry to find word origins.
Sharing Fiction with a Partner
Use shared inquiry to read fiction.
Creating a Growth Mindset
Develop a growth mindset.
Starting a Journal
Help students begin journal writing.
Analyzing Point of View in Media
Review media for point of view.
Detecting Media Bias
Practice detecting bias.
If I Were President
Think about being president.
Comparing Myself to a President
Compare yourself to a president.
If I Were a President's Pet
Imagine being a president's pet.
Writing a Historical Dialogue
Create a dialogue with a historical figure.
Writing an Arts & Performance Review
Review a song, dance, poem, or piece of artwork.
Writing a List Poem
Learn how to write a list poem.
Add detail to sentences.