Search ThoughtfulLearning.com for a wealth of resources for teaching English language arts, 21st century skills, and social-emotional learning. You’ll find books, online units, minilessons, student models, videos, and much more! Type your search below and add filters to refine the results.
Filter by Grade Level
- Grade K (22) Apply Grade K filter
- Grade 1 (40) Apply Grade 1 filter
- Grade 2 (44) Apply Grade 2 filter
- Grade 3 (Remove) Remove Grade 3 filter
- Grade 4 (Remove) Remove Grade 4 filter
- Grade 5 (222) Apply Grade 5 filter
- Grade 6 (Remove) Remove Grade 6 filter
- Grade 7 (104) Apply Grade 7 filter
- Grade 8 (237) Apply Grade 8 filter
- Grade 9 (Remove) Remove Grade 9 filter
- Grade 10 (87) Apply Grade 10 filter
- Grade 11 (75) Apply Grade 11 filter
- Grade 12 (263) Apply Grade 12 filter
Filter by Resource Type
- Assessment Model (37) Apply Assessment Model filter
- Blog Post (181) Apply Blog Post filter
- Books (56) Apply Books filter
- FAQ page (28) Apply FAQ page filter
- Infographic (Remove) Remove Infographic filter
- Minilesson (Remove) Remove Minilesson filter
- Product Display Classroom (74) Apply Product Display Classroom filter
- State Standard (1044) Apply State Standard filter
- Student Model (98) Apply Student Model filter
- Unit Page (Remove) Remove Unit Page filter
- Video (31) Apply Video filter
- Writing Topic (Remove) Remove Writing Topic filter
Detecting Media Bias
Practice detecting bias.
Writing a Historical Dialogue
Create a dialogue with a historical figure.
Writing an Arts & Performance Review
Review a song, dance, poem, or piece of artwork.
Writing a List Poem
Learn how to write a list poem.
Add detail to sentences.
Elaborating with Supporting Details
Use a variety of details.
Capturing Readers' Attention
Use opening strategies.
Address opposing positions.
Creating a Dialogue Journal
Engage in a written conversation.
Guarding Against Confirmation Bias
Read news from an unbiased point of view.
Detecting Fake News
Ask critical questions to detect fake news.
Starting Stories with Suspense
Inspire storytelling with original story starters.
Writing a Fictionalized Diary
Have students write a diary entry of an everyday object.
Devise creative solutions for impossible tasks.
Create a memorable class mascot.
Change one small thing to change history.
Defending Huck Finn
Defend a fictional character in court.
Selecting Topics with the Basics of Life
Use broad subjects to find specific topics.
Forming a Thesis Statement
Focus on part of your topic.
Adjusting Your Writing Voice
Adjust voice for audience and purpose.
Closely Read with SQ3R
Closely read with SQ3R.
Understanding the Plot Line
Understand the plot line.
Chart a process.