Search ThoughtfulLearning.com for a wealth of resources for teaching English language arts, 21st century skills, and social-emotional learning. You’ll find books, online units, minilessons, student models, videos, and much more! Type your search below and add filters to refine the results.
Filter by Grade Level
- Grade K (23) Apply Grade K filter
- Grade 1 (41) Apply Grade 1 filter
- Grade 2 (44) Apply Grade 2 filter
- Grade 3 (130) Apply Grade 3 filter
- Grade 4 (120) Apply Grade 4 filter
- Grade 5 (174) Apply Grade 5 filter
- Grade 6 (Remove) Remove Grade 6 filter
- Grade 7 (Remove) Remove Grade 7 filter
- Grade 8 (238) Apply Grade 8 filter
- Grade 9 (78) Apply Grade 9 filter
- Grade 10 (76) Apply Grade 10 filter
- Grade 11 (70) Apply Grade 11 filter
- Grade 12 (258) Apply Grade 12 filter
Filter by Resource Type
- Assessment Model (3) Apply Assessment Model filter
- Blog Post (184) Apply Blog Post filter
- Books (56) Apply Books filter
- FAQ page (Remove) Remove FAQ page filter
- Infographic (4) Apply Infographic filter
- Minilesson (Remove) Remove Minilesson filter
- Product Display Classroom (24) Apply Product Display Classroom filter
- State Standard (Remove) Remove State Standard filter
- Student Model (98) Apply Student Model filter
- Unit Page (2) Apply Unit Page filter
- Video (31) Apply Video filter
- Writing Topic (Remove) Remove Writing Topic filter
Adjusting Your Writing Voice
Adjust voice for audience and purpose.
Forming a Thesis Statement
Focus on part of your topic.
Evaluating Sources of Information
Evaluate sources with a checklist.
Selecting Topics with the Basics of Life
Use broad subjects to find specific topics.
Write for College Teacher's Guide
Write for College
Writing a Creative Synopsis
Create a synopsis of a book, TV show, or event.
Defending Huck Finn
Defend a fictional character in court.
Change one small thing to change history.
Create a memorable class mascot.
Devise creative solutions for impossible tasks.
How to Teach Creativity
7 Tips for NaNoWriMo
Writing a Fictionalized Diary
Have students write a diary entry of an everyday object.
Starting Stories with Suspense
Inspire storytelling with original story starters.