Search ThoughtfulLearning.com for a wealth of resources for teaching English language arts, 21st century skills, and social-emotional learning. You’ll find books, online units, minilessons, student models, videos, and much more! Type your search below and add filters to refine the results.
Filter by Grade Level
- Grade K (Remove) Remove Grade K filter
- Grade 1 (42) Apply Grade 1 filter
- Grade 2 (47) Apply Grade 2 filter
- Grade 3 (174) Apply Grade 3 filter
- Grade 4 (Remove) Remove Grade 4 filter
- Grade 5 (228) Apply Grade 5 filter
- Grade 6 (Remove) Remove Grade 6 filter
- Grade 7 (105) Apply Grade 7 filter
- Grade 8 (242) Apply Grade 8 filter
- Grade 9 (88) Apply Grade 9 filter
- Grade 10 (90) Apply Grade 10 filter
- Grade 11 (84) Apply Grade 11 filter
- Grade 12 (271) Apply Grade 12 filter
Filter by Resource Type
- Assessment Model (3) Apply Assessment Model filter
- Blog Post (Remove) Remove Blog Post filter
- Books (56) Apply Books filter
- FAQ page (28) Apply FAQ page filter
- Infographic (4) Apply Infographic filter
- Minilesson (153) Apply Minilesson filter
- Product Display Classroom (Remove) Remove Product Display Classroom filter
- State Standard (1044) Apply State Standard filter
- Student Model (98) Apply Student Model filter
- Unit Page (14) Apply Unit Page filter
- Video (31) Apply Video filter
- Writing Topic (346) Apply Writing Topic filter
Forming Pronouns: Possessives and Contractions
Teach possessives and contractions.
Thinking About a Process
Prepare students for how-to or process writing.
Replacing General Nouns with Specific Nouns
Identify and replace general nouns.
Replacing Dull Verbs with Vivid Verbs
Energize students' writing with vivid verbs.
Summarizing Ideas in a Nutshell
Practice one-sentence summaries.
Seeing Emotion in Facial Expressions
Create mindfulness of facial expressions.
Seeing Emotions in Body Language
Create mindfulness of body language.
Understanding the Parts of the Brain
Teach brain parts and functions.
Using 5-5-5 Breathing to Calm Down
Teach 5-5-5 breathing to calm students.
Using Progressive Relaxation
Use progressive relaxation to calm students.
Starting Stories: 5 Great Beginning Strategies
Practice five strategies for starting a story.
Help students recognize bullying.
Taking Action Against Bullying
Teach students strategies for staying safe.
Doing Random Acts of Kindness
Help students be kind to each other.
Analyzing Writing Prompts
Practice studying the parts of a test prompt.
Sentence Modeling with the Masters
Practice sentence modeling.
Setting and Reaching Goals
Help students set and reach academic goals.
Using Positive Self-Talk
Replace negative with positive self-talk.
Calming Down with Deep Pressure
Teach deep pressure to calm students.
Expressing Emotions Through Drawing
Help students draw their feelings.
Checking the Emotion Thermometer
Help students express intensity of emotion.
Learning to Say No
Help students learn refusal skills.
Expressing Emotions Through Movement
Connect movement to emotion.