Search ThoughtfulLearning.com for a wealth of resources for teaching English language arts, 21st century skills, and social-emotional learning. You’ll find books, online units, minilessons, student models, videos, and much more! Type your search below and add filters to refine the results.
Filter by Grade Level
- Grade K (24) Apply Grade K filter
- Grade 1 (Remove) Remove Grade 1 filter
- Grade 2 (45) Apply Grade 2 filter
- Grade 3 (128) Apply Grade 3 filter
- Grade 4 (118) Apply Grade 4 filter
- Grade 5 (172) Apply Grade 5 filter
- Grade 6 (107) Apply Grade 6 filter
- Grade 7 (103) Apply Grade 7 filter
- Grade 8 (Remove) Remove Grade 8 filter
- Grade 9 (83) Apply Grade 9 filter
- Grade 10 (81) Apply Grade 10 filter
- Grade 11 (80) Apply Grade 11 filter
- Grade 12 (Remove) Remove Grade 12 filter
Filter by Resource Type
- Assessment Model (92) Apply Assessment Model filter
- Blog Post (Remove) Remove Blog Post filter
- Books (56) Apply Books filter
- FAQ page (28) Apply FAQ page filter
- Infographic (Remove) Remove Infographic filter
- Minilesson (Remove) Remove Minilesson filter
- Product Display Classroom (43) Apply Product Display Classroom filter
- State Standard (1044) Apply State Standard filter
- Student Model (98) Apply Student Model filter
- Teacher's Guide Internal Pages (3) Apply Teacher's Guide Internal Pages filter
- Unit Page (2) Apply Unit Page filter
- Video (Remove) Remove Video filter
- Writing Topic (346) Apply Writing Topic filter
Writing Freely and Rapidly
Teach student to freewrite for ideas.
Writing a Family Story and Historical Marker
Inspire students to write family stories.
Performing "Systems Checks" of Your Writing
Help students self-evaluate their writing.
Using a Peer Response Sheet
Teach students to write peer responses.
Discovering Narrative Strategies
Use shared inquiry to develop personal narratives.
Discovering Rules for Their, There, and They’re
Use shared inquiry to learn their, there, and they're.
Discovering Word Origins (Etymology)
Use shared inquiry to find word origins.
Sharing Fiction with a Partner
Use shared inquiry to read fiction.
Creating a Growth Mindset
Develop a growth mindset.
Starting a Journal
Help students begin journal writing.
Analyzing Point of View in Media
Review media for point of view.
Detecting Media Bias
Practice detecting bias.
Writing a Historical Dialogue
Create a dialogue with a historical figure.
Writing an Arts & Performance Review
Review a song, dance, poem, or piece of artwork.
Writing a List Poem
Learn how to write a list poem.
Add detail to sentences.
Creating a Dialogue Journal
Engage in a written conversation.
Guarding Against Confirmation Bias
Read news from an unbiased point of view.
Detecting Fake News
Ask critical questions to detect fake news.
Starting Stories with Suspense
Inspire storytelling with original story starters.
Writing a Fictionalized Diary
Have students write a diary entry of an everyday object.
Devise creative solutions for impossible tasks.
Create a memorable class mascot.
Change one small thing to change history.