Search ThoughtfulLearning.com for a wealth of resources for teaching English language arts, 21st century skills, and social-emotional learning. You’ll find books, online units, minilessons, student models, videos, and much more! Type your search below and add filters to refine the results.
Filter by Grade Level
- Grade K (23) Apply Grade K filter
- Grade 1 (41) Apply Grade 1 filter
- Grade 2 (45) Apply Grade 2 filter
- Grade 3 (Remove) Remove Grade 3 filter
- Grade 4 (Remove) Remove Grade 4 filter
- Grade 5 (227) Apply Grade 5 filter
- Grade 6 (Remove) Remove Grade 6 filter
- Grade 7 (107) Apply Grade 7 filter
- Grade 8 (240) Apply Grade 8 filter
- Grade 9 (Remove) Remove Grade 9 filter
- Grade 10 (90) Apply Grade 10 filter
- Grade 11 (78) Apply Grade 11 filter
- Grade 12 (266) Apply Grade 12 filter
Filter by Resource Type
- Assessment Model (37) Apply Assessment Model filter
- Blog Post (184) Apply Blog Post filter
- Books (56) Apply Books filter
- FAQ page (28) Apply FAQ page filter
- Infographic (4) Apply Infographic filter
- Minilesson (Remove) Remove Minilesson filter
- Product Display Classroom (78) Apply Product Display Classroom filter
- State Standard (1044) Apply State Standard filter
- Student Model (98) Apply Student Model filter
- Unit Page (Remove) Remove Unit Page filter
- Video (31) Apply Video filter
- Writing Topic (Remove) Remove Writing Topic filter
Freewriting for Writing Topics
Have students freewrite for topic ideas.
Analyzing the Sender of a Message
Help students think about sources.
Understanding a Message's Subject and Purpose
Teach students how to analyze messages.
Forming a Focus
Help students write strong focus statements.
Analyzing the Receiver of a Message
Teach students to think about audience.
Thinking About the Context of a Message
Teach students to think about context.
Confusing “Its” and “It’s”
Help students sort out its and it's.
Avoiding Double Subjects
Help students avoid double subjects.
Using Parallel Structure
Teach students to write using parallel structure.
Creating Command Sentences
Help students build command sentences.
Using Transitions to Add Information and Emphasis
Help students add information and emphasis.
Forming Pronouns: Possessives and Contractions
Teach possessives and contractions.
Thinking About a Process
Prepare students for how-to or process writing.
Replacing General Nouns with Specific Nouns
Identify and replace general nouns.
Replacing Dull Verbs with Vivid Verbs
Energize students' writing with vivid verbs.
Summarizing Ideas in a Nutshell
Practice one-sentence summaries.
Seeing Emotion in Facial Expressions
Create mindfulness of facial expressions.
Seeing Emotions in Body Language
Create mindfulness of body language.
Understanding the Parts of the Brain
Teach brain parts and functions.
Using 5-5-5 Breathing to Calm Down
Teach 5-5-5 breathing to calm students.
Using Progressive Relaxation
Use progressive relaxation to calm students.
Starting Stories: 5 Great Beginning Strategies
Practice five strategies for starting a story.
Help students recognize bullying.
Taking Action Against Bullying
Teach students strategies for staying safe.