Search ThoughtfulLearning.com for a wealth of resources for teaching English language arts, 21st century skills, and social-emotional learning. You’ll find books, online units, minilessons, student models, videos, and much more! Type your search below and add filters to refine the results.
Filter by Grade Level
- Grade K (Remove) Remove Grade K filter
- Grade 1 (Remove) Remove Grade 1 filter
- Grade 2 (Remove) Remove Grade 2 filter
- Grade 3 (Remove) Remove Grade 3 filter
- Grade 4 (Remove) Remove Grade 4 filter
- Grade 5 (262) Apply Grade 5 filter
- Grade 6 (89) Apply Grade 6 filter
- Grade 7 (85) Apply Grade 7 filter
- Grade 8 (275) Apply Grade 8 filter
- Grade 9 (79) Apply Grade 9 filter
- Grade 10 (103) Apply Grade 10 filter
- Grade 11 (68) Apply Grade 11 filter
- Grade 12 (288) Apply Grade 12 filter
Filter by Resource Type
- Assessment Model (Remove) Remove Assessment Model filter
- Blog Post (Remove) Remove Blog Post filter
- Books (56) Apply Books filter
- FAQ page (Remove) Remove FAQ page filter
- Infographic (4) Apply Infographic filter
- Minilesson (153) Apply Minilesson filter
- Product Display Classroom (45) Apply Product Display Classroom filter
- State Standard (1044) Apply State Standard filter
- Student Model (98) Apply Student Model filter
- Teacher's Guide Internal Pages (1) Apply Teacher's Guide Internal Pages filter
- Unit Page (Remove) Remove Unit Page filter
- Video (31) Apply Video filter
- Writing Topic (346) Apply Writing Topic filter
Empower Students with Choice
Thinking with Brain and Body
Teach “Out There” Thinking
ELA and SEL: Partners in Learning
Youth in Crisis: Address Pervasive Sadness
Listen with Empathy
Choosing the Right Coordinating Conjunction
Learn how to choose precise connecting words.
Elaborating Ideas with Compound Sentences
Learn how to add new details to sentences.
Asking and Answering the 5 W's and H Questions
Teach students to collect key details.
Developing Fluent Readers
Improve SEL Through Literature
Make Way for Writers' Notebooks
How to Create Engaging Writing Prompts
Invigorate Reading Discussions
Best Practices for Teaching Grammar
Grow the Reading-Writing Connection
Analyze the Communication Situation
Think of the sender, message, medium, receiver, and context.
Create a Memory Palace
Use spatial awareness to improve memory.
Using Anecdotes in Formal Writing
Add a narrative touch to formal writing.
Teach quotation marks with end punctuation.
Writing a Creative Synopsis
Create a synopsis of a book, TV show, or event.
Celebrating Presidents' Day in the Primary Grades
Writing Descriptions That "Show" Instead of "Tell"
Teach students to use sensory details.
Writing a "Showing" Paragraph
Help students show instead of tell.