Search ThoughtfulLearning.com for a wealth of resources for teaching English language arts, 21st century skills, and social-emotional learning. You’ll find books, online units, minilessons, student models, videos, and much more! Type your search below and add filters to refine the results.
Filter by Grade Level
- Grade K (24) Apply Grade K filter
- Grade 1 (Remove) Remove Grade 1 filter
- Grade 2 (45) Apply Grade 2 filter
- Grade 3 (128) Apply Grade 3 filter
- Grade 4 (118) Apply Grade 4 filter
- Grade 5 (172) Apply Grade 5 filter
- Grade 6 (85) Apply Grade 6 filter
- Grade 7 (81) Apply Grade 7 filter
- Grade 8 (213) Apply Grade 8 filter
- Grade 9 (83) Apply Grade 9 filter
- Grade 10 (85) Apply Grade 10 filter
- Grade 11 (Remove) Remove Grade 11 filter
- Grade 12 (268) Apply Grade 12 filter
Filter by Resource Type
- Blog Post (181) Apply Blog Post filter
- Books (56) Apply Books filter
- FAQ page (28) Apply FAQ page filter
- Infographic (4) Apply Infographic filter
- Minilesson (153) Apply Minilesson filter
- Product Display Classroom (18) Apply Product Display Classroom filter
- State Standard (Remove) Remove State Standard filter
- Student Model (98) Apply Student Model filter
- Teacher's Guide Internal Pages (1) Apply Teacher's Guide Internal Pages filter
- Video (31) Apply Video filter
- Writing Topic (Remove) Remove Writing Topic filter
Writing Descriptions That "Show" Instead of "Tell"
Teach students to use sensory details.
Writing a "Showing" Paragraph
Help students show instead of tell.
Writing an InstaMemory
Help students narrate and describe.
Writing a Four-Star Food Review
Use this prompt to spark students' creativity.
Writing: Now how do I get out of this one?
Assign this prompt to spark students' creativity.
Writing a Diary of a Famous Figure
Have students creatively narrate.
Writing Back-and-Forth Stories
Inspire students to collaborate in writing.
Using Perspective Shifting to Understand Others
Help students improve empathy.
Using Perspective Shifting to Persuade Readers
Help students see from readers' perspectives.
Using Perspective Shifting to Imagine History
Help students gain a historical viewpoint.
Using PAST to Understand Assignments
Teach students to analyze writing assignments.
Elaborating Ideas Using Different Levels of Details
Teach elaboration with levels of detail.
Asking Bigger and Better Questions
Teach students to form better questions.
Using 5 Critical Thinking Strategies
Use this video to help students think critically.
Deciding When to Use Formal and Informal Language
Match language with purpose and audience.
Solving Problems Critically and Creatively
Help students improve problem solving.
Drawing a Life Map
Help students gather ideas for narratives.
Freewriting for Writing Topics
Have students freewrite for topic ideas.
Analyzing the Sender of a Message
Help students think about sources.
Understanding a Message's Subject and Purpose
Teach students how to analyze messages.
Forming a Focus
Help students write strong focus statements.
Analyzing the Receiver of a Message
Teach students to think about audience.
Thinking About the Context of a Message
Teach students to think about context.
Confusing “Its” and “It’s”
Help students sort out its and it's.