Search ThoughtfulLearning.com for a wealth of resources for teaching English language arts, 21st century skills, and social-emotional learning. You’ll find books, online units, minilessons, student models, videos, and much more! Type your search below and add filters to refine the results.
Filter by Grade Level
- Grade K (Remove) Remove Grade K filter
- Grade 1 (42) Apply Grade 1 filter
- Grade 2 (47) Apply Grade 2 filter
- Grade 3 (174) Apply Grade 3 filter
- Grade 4 (Remove) Remove Grade 4 filter
- Grade 5 (228) Apply Grade 5 filter
- Grade 6 (Remove) Remove Grade 6 filter
- Grade 7 (105) Apply Grade 7 filter
- Grade 8 (242) Apply Grade 8 filter
- Grade 9 (88) Apply Grade 9 filter
- Grade 10 (90) Apply Grade 10 filter
- Grade 11 (84) Apply Grade 11 filter
- Grade 12 (271) Apply Grade 12 filter
Filter by Resource Type
- Assessment Model (3) Apply Assessment Model filter
- Blog Post (Remove) Remove Blog Post filter
- Books (56) Apply Books filter
- FAQ page (28) Apply FAQ page filter
- Infographic (4) Apply Infographic filter
- Minilesson (153) Apply Minilesson filter
- Product Display Classroom (Remove) Remove Product Display Classroom filter
- State Standard (1044) Apply State Standard filter
- Student Model (98) Apply Student Model filter
- Unit Page (14) Apply Unit Page filter
- Video (31) Apply Video filter
- Writing Topic (346) Apply Writing Topic filter
Write for Work
Write for Work Instructor’s Edition
Inquire High School Teacher's Guide
Write for College
Write on Track
Write One Student Handbook
Inquire High School
Using Bodily Meditation
Open a line of communication between body and brain.
Journaling About Intuitions
Track the ways your intuitions guide your decisions.
Show or Tell
Text Structures Revealed
7 C's for Building a Rock-Solid Argument
Choosing the Right Coordinating Conjunction
Learn how to choose precise connecting words.
Elaborating Ideas with Compound Sentences
Learn how to add new details to sentences.
Analyze the Communication Situation
Think of the sender, message, medium, receiver, and context.
Create a Memory Palace
Use spatial awareness to improve memory.
Using Anecdotes in Formal Writing
Add a narrative touch to formal writing.
Teach quotation marks with end punctuation.
Reading as a Writer
Learn how to discover writing strategies from reading models.
Asking and Answering the 5 W's and H Questions
Teach students to collect key details.
Writing a Creative Synopsis
Create a synopsis of a book, TV show, or event.
Using Time-Order Transitions
Teach about chronological transitions.