Search ThoughtfulLearning.com for a wealth of resources for teaching English language arts, 21st century skills, and social-emotional learning. You’ll find books, online units, minilessons, student models, videos, and much more! Type your search below and add filters to refine the results.
Filter by Grade Level
- Grade K (Remove) Remove Grade K filter
- Grade 1 (43) Apply Grade 1 filter
- Grade 2 (Remove) Remove Grade 2 filter
- Grade 3 (130) Apply Grade 3 filter
- Grade 4 (120) Apply Grade 4 filter
- Grade 5 (174) Apply Grade 5 filter
- Grade 6 (87) Apply Grade 6 filter
- Grade 7 (83) Apply Grade 7 filter
- Grade 8 (215) Apply Grade 8 filter
- Grade 9 (78) Apply Grade 9 filter
- Grade 10 (76) Apply Grade 10 filter
- Grade 11 (70) Apply Grade 11 filter
- Grade 12 (258) Apply Grade 12 filter
Filter by Resource Type
- Assessment Model (16) Apply Assessment Model filter
- Blog Post (Remove) Remove Blog Post filter
- Books (56) Apply Books filter
- FAQ page (28) Apply FAQ page filter
- Infographic (4) Apply Infographic filter
- Minilesson (153) Apply Minilesson filter
- Product Display Classroom (4) Apply Product Display Classroom filter
- State Standard (1044) Apply State Standard filter
- Student Model (98) Apply Student Model filter
- Unit Page (1) Apply Unit Page filter
- Video (Remove) Remove Video filter
- Writing Topic (346) Apply Writing Topic filter
Write on Course 20-20
Write on Track
Write One Student Handbook
Inquire Middle School
Inquire High School
Writers Express Teacher's Guide
Tricks to Beat Writer's Block
Show or Tell
Text Structures Revealed
7 C's for Building a Rock-Solid Argument
Using Bodily Meditation
Open a line of communication between body and brain.
Journaling About Intuitions
Track the ways your intuitions guide your decisions.
Reading as a Writer
Learn how to discover writing strategies from reading models.
Writing Descriptions That "Show" Instead of "Tell"
Teach students to use sensory details.
Writing a "Showing" Paragraph
Help students show instead of tell.
Writing an InstaMemory
Help students narrate and describe.
Writing a Four-Star Food Review
Use this prompt to spark students' creativity.
Writing: Now how do I get out of this one?
Assign this prompt to spark students' creativity.
Writing a Diary of a Famous Figure
Have students creatively narrate.
Writing Back-and-Forth Stories
Inspire students to collaborate in writing.
Using Perspective Shifting to Understand Others
Help students improve empathy.
Using Perspective Shifting to Persuade Readers
Help students see from readers' perspectives.