Search ThoughtfulLearning.com for a wealth of resources for teaching English language arts, 21st century skills, and social-emotional learning. You’ll find books, online units, minilessons, student models, videos, and much more! Type your search below and add filters to refine the results.
Filter by Grade Level
- Grade K (22) Apply Grade K filter
- Grade 1 (40) Apply Grade 1 filter
- Grade 2 (43) Apply Grade 2 filter
- Grade 3 (Remove) Remove Grade 3 filter
- Grade 4 (162) Apply Grade 4 filter
- Grade 5 (216) Apply Grade 5 filter
- Grade 6 (Remove) Remove Grade 6 filter
- Grade 7 (103) Apply Grade 7 filter
- Grade 8 (235) Apply Grade 8 filter
- Grade 9 (76) Apply Grade 9 filter
- Grade 10 (74) Apply Grade 10 filter
- Grade 11 (68) Apply Grade 11 filter
- Grade 12 (256) Apply Grade 12 filter
Filter by Resource Type
- Assessment Model (35) Apply Assessment Model filter
- Blog Post (181) Apply Blog Post filter
- Books (56) Apply Books filter
- FAQ page (28) Apply FAQ page filter
- Infographic (4) Apply Infographic filter
- Minilesson (153) Apply Minilesson filter
- Product Display Classroom (58) Apply Product Display Classroom filter
- State Standard (1044) Apply State Standard filter
- Student Model (98) Apply Student Model filter
- Unit Page (11) Apply Unit Page filter
- Video (31) Apply Video filter
- Writing Topic (346) Apply Writing Topic filter
Write for College
The Writing Spot Buddy Book
Write One Student Handbook
Inquire High School
Writers Express Teacher's Guide
Tricks to Beat Writer's Block
Show or Tell
Text Structures Revealed
7 C's for Building a Rock-Solid Argument
Choosing the Right Coordinating Conjunction
Learn how to choose precise connecting words.
Elaborating Ideas with Compound Sentences
Learn how to add new details to sentences.
Using Bodily Meditation
Open a line of communication between body and brain.
Journaling About Intuitions
Track the ways your intuitions guide your decisions.
Reading as a Writer
Learn how to discover writing strategies from reading models.
Asking and Answering the 5 W's and H Questions
Teach students to collect key details.
Using Time-Order Transitions
Teach about chronological transitions.
If I Were President
Think about being president.
Comparing Myself to a President
Compare yourself to a president.
If I Were a President's Pet
Imagine being a president's pet.
Analyzing the Medium of a Message
Improve students' media literacy.
Analyze the Communication Situation
Think of the sender, message, medium, receiver, and context.