Search ThoughtfulLearning.com for a wealth of resources for teaching English language arts, 21st century skills, and social-emotional learning. You’ll find books, online units, minilessons, student models, videos, and much more! Type your search below and add filters to refine the results.
Filter by Grade Level
- Grade K (23) Apply Grade K filter
- Grade 1 (41) Apply Grade 1 filter
- Grade 2 (45) Apply Grade 2 filter
- Grade 3 (Remove) Remove Grade 3 filter
- Grade 4 (Remove) Remove Grade 4 filter
- Grade 5 (227) Apply Grade 5 filter
- Grade 6 (Remove) Remove Grade 6 filter
- Grade 7 (107) Apply Grade 7 filter
- Grade 8 (240) Apply Grade 8 filter
- Grade 9 (Remove) Remove Grade 9 filter
- Grade 10 (90) Apply Grade 10 filter
- Grade 11 (78) Apply Grade 11 filter
- Grade 12 (266) Apply Grade 12 filter
Filter by Resource Type
- Assessment Model (37) Apply Assessment Model filter
- Blog Post (184) Apply Blog Post filter
- Books (56) Apply Books filter
- FAQ page (28) Apply FAQ page filter
- Infographic (4) Apply Infographic filter
- Minilesson (Remove) Remove Minilesson filter
- Product Display Classroom (78) Apply Product Display Classroom filter
- State Standard (1044) Apply State Standard filter
- Student Model (98) Apply Student Model filter
- Unit Page (Remove) Remove Unit Page filter
- Video (31) Apply Video filter
- Writing Topic (Remove) Remove Writing Topic filter
Write One SkillsBook Teacher's Edition
Write One Teacher's Guide
The Writing Spot Big Book
The Writing Spot Teacher's Guide
In Focus (K-2)
Write for College
The Writing Spot Buddy Book
Write One Student Handbook
Using Bodily Meditation
Open a line of communication between body and brain.
Journaling About Intuitions
Track the ways your intuitions guide your decisions.
Reading as a Writer
Learn how to discover writing strategies from reading models.
Asking and Answering the 5 W's and H Questions
Teach students to collect key details.
Analyze the Communication Situation
Think of the sender, message, medium, receiver, and context.
Create a Memory Palace
Use spatial awareness to improve memory.
Using Anecdotes in Formal Writing
Add a narrative touch to formal writing.
Writing a Creative Synopsis
Create a synopsis of a book, TV show, or event.
Choosing the Right Coordinating Conjunction
Learn how to choose precise connecting words.
Elaborating Ideas with Compound Sentences
Learn how to add new details to sentences.
Analyzing the Medium of a Message
Improve students' media literacy.
Make Abstract Ideas Concrete
Make concrete representations of abstract ideas.
Teach quotation marks with end punctuation.