Search ThoughtfulLearning.com for a wealth of resources for teaching English language arts, 21st century skills, and social-emotional learning. You’ll find books, online units, minilessons, student models, videos, and much more! Type your search below and add filters to refine the results.
Filter by Grade Level
- Grade K (23) Apply Grade K filter
- Grade 1 (41) Apply Grade 1 filter
- Grade 2 (44) Apply Grade 2 filter
- Grade 3 (130) Apply Grade 3 filter
- Grade 4 (120) Apply Grade 4 filter
- Grade 5 (174) Apply Grade 5 filter
- Grade 6 (Remove) Remove Grade 6 filter
- Grade 7 (Remove) Remove Grade 7 filter
- Grade 8 (238) Apply Grade 8 filter
- Grade 9 (78) Apply Grade 9 filter
- Grade 10 (76) Apply Grade 10 filter
- Grade 11 (70) Apply Grade 11 filter
- Grade 12 (258) Apply Grade 12 filter
Filter by Resource Type
- Assessment Model (3) Apply Assessment Model filter
- Blog Post (184) Apply Blog Post filter
- Books (56) Apply Books filter
- FAQ page (Remove) Remove FAQ page filter
- Infographic (4) Apply Infographic filter
- Minilesson (Remove) Remove Minilesson filter
- Product Display Classroom (24) Apply Product Display Classroom filter
- State Standard (Remove) Remove State Standard filter
- Student Model (98) Apply Student Model filter
- Unit Page (2) Apply Unit Page filter
- Video (31) Apply Video filter
- Writing Topic (Remove) Remove Writing Topic filter
Setting and Reaching Goals
Help students set and reach academic goals.
Sentence Modeling with the Masters
Practice sentence modeling.
Analyzing Writing Prompts
Practice studying the parts of a test prompt.
Doing Random Acts of Kindness
Help students be kind to each other.
Taking Action Against Bullying
Teach students strategies for staying safe.
Help students recognize bullying.
Starting Stories: 5 Great Beginning Strategies
Practice five strategies for starting a story.
Using Progressive Relaxation
Use progressive relaxation to calm students.
Using 5-5-5 Breathing to Calm Down
Teach 5-5-5 breathing to calm students.
Understanding the Parts of the Brain
Teach brain parts and functions.
Seeing Emotions in Body Language
Create mindfulness of body language.
Seeing Emotion in Facial Expressions
Create mindfulness of facial expressions.
Summarizing Ideas in a Nutshell
Practice one-sentence summaries.
Replacing Dull Verbs with Vivid Verbs
Energize students' writing with vivid verbs.
Replacing General Nouns with Specific Nouns
Identify and replace general nouns.
Thinking About a Process
Prepare students for how-to or process writing.
Forming Pronouns: Possessives and Contractions
Teach possessives and contractions.
Using Transitions to Add Information and Emphasis
Help students add information and emphasis.
Creating Command Sentences
Help students build command sentences.
Using Time-Order Transitions
Teach about chronological transitions.
Using Parallel Structure
Teach students to write using parallel structure.
Avoiding Double Subjects
Help students avoid double subjects.
Confusing “Its” and “It’s”
Help students sort out its and it's.
Thinking About the Context of a Message
Teach students to think about context.